Curried Fish Stew Is A Hearty Meal
Curried Fish Stew Ingredients:
- 2 Pounds Wahoo fillets, cut into 1″ cubes
- ¼ Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1¼ Teaspoons Kosher or Sea salt
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Teaspoons fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Cane sugar
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 Large tomato, diced
- 3 Scotch Bonnet peppers, Habanero peppers can be substituted
- ¾ Cup fish stock or water
Curried Fish Stew Cooking Method:
1. In a glass or non-reactive container, combine the Wahoo, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Let marinate at least 30 minutes.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the garlic and ginger with the coconut milk, coriander, cumin, cane sugar, black pepper, and turmeric.
3. In a large saucepan, heat the canola oil over moderate heat. Add the onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the coconut mixture, the Scotch Bonnet peppers, fish stock or water, and the remaining salt and bring slowly almost to a simmer……stir frequently.
4. Add the fish and 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering until the fish is just done, 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve immediately with either Roti Bread or Cornbread as an accompaniment. Enjoy :)