Grilled Wahoo Recipe – Gallipot Restaurant
In honor of the Nevis Yacht Club’s 14th Annual Sport Fishing Tournament, I thought a fish recipe was in order. Good Luck to all contestants, but especially to the boat “Seabrat” of Nevis Water Sports.
Grilled Wahoo Recipe Courtesy of The Gallipot Restaurant – Sadly now closed as of 2017
- 4 Wahoo steaks
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoons finely minced Scotch Bonnet pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, lime and lemon juice, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Place Wahoo in a dish. Pour the marinade mix over the fish, place in refrigerator, and let stand for half an hour.
- Remove Wahoo steaks from fridge, remove from pan, and grill directly over charcoal for 12 minutes, turning once at about 7 minutes.
- Use the leftover marinade mix to baste the fish while it is grilling.
Wahoo Nutrition Notes:
Grilled Wahoo is an excellent source of healthy, extra lean protein. It is also low in saturated fat and low in sodium. It is rich in niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, phosphorus and selenium. Wahoo also provides about 375 mg of omega-3’s (DHA and EPA) per 4 ounce serving of fresh fish.