A Honey Cake Makes A Great Light Dessert
3 Cups Self rising flour
1 Cup Cold Earl Grey Tea (#ad)
1 Cup Canola oil
1½ Teaspoon Mixed Spice (*Recipe for mixed spice at the bottom of the page)
1½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Baking soda
1 Pound Nevis Honey
8 Ounces Cane Sugar
Honey Cake Cooking Method:
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
2. Pour into 2 well-lined loaf tins (#ad) or round tins.
3. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
Mixed Spice Recipe aka Pudding Spice
2 Teaspoons allspice
2 Inch piece cinnamon stick
2 Teaspoons cloves
2 Teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 Teaspoons ground ginger
1 Teaspoon ground cardamom
1 Teaspoon ground coriander
1. Grind the allspice, cinnamon and cloves to a fine powder and then mix well with the ground nutmeg and ginger.
2. Add the finely ground cardamom and coriander seeds, if using, and mix well again.
3. Use at once or store in an airtight jar in a cool dry place, and away from light.
Honey Health Benefits
Honey contains antioxidants, minerals, enzymes that have many potential health benefits.
There’s also evidence that honey can:
Soothe coughs: The World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Academy of Pediatrics both endorse honey as a natural cough remedy.
Treat wounds and burns: Pharmaceutical-grade manuka honey dressings have been used in clinical settings to treat burns and pressure ulcers.