A Honey Cake Makes A Great Light Dessert
3 Cups Self rising flour
1 Cup Cold Earl Grey Tea
1 Cup Canola oil
1½ Teaspoon Mixed Spice (*Recipe for mixed spice at the bottom of the page)
1½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Baking soda
1 Pound Nevis Honey
8 Ounces Cane Sugar
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
2. Pour into 2 well-lined loaf tins or round tins.
3. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
Mixed Spice Recipe aka Pudding Spice
2 Teaspoons allspice
2 Inche piece cinnamon stick
2 Teaspoons cloves
2 Teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 Teaspoons ground ginger
1 Teaspoon ground cardamom
1 Teaspoon ground coriander
1. Grind the allspice, cinnamon and cloves to a fine powder and then mix well with the ground nutmeg and ginger.
2. Add the finely ground cardamom and corainder seeds, if using, and mix well again.
3. Use at once or store in an airtight jar in a cool dry place, and away from light.