Cool Down With A Papaya and Lime Sorbet Recipe
Papaya and Lime Sorbet Recipe Courtesy Of Bush Bar and Grill Restaurant
Nevis, West Indies
May 09, 2009
8 Cups peeled, seeded, and diced ripe papaya
1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup cane sugar (#ad), regular sugar is okay in a pinch
1/4 Cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
Cooking Method For The Sorbet Recipe:
1. Freeze diced papaya cubes in a single layer overnight or until solid.
2. In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar and while stirring constantly bring to a boil or until the sugar is dissolved and mixture has a syrup consistency.
3. Pour the syrup into a glass measuring cup and allow to cool for 10 – 15 minutes
4. While syrup cools, remove papaya from freezer and allow to defrost.
5. Place half the frozen papaya in a Ninja food processor (#ad). Add half the syrup, 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon lime zest and a pinch of salt.
6. Pulse twice, then process until smooth, pausing to scrape the sides and stir as necessary.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl, then repeat process with remaining ingredients, adding them to the serving bowl when smooth.
8. Serve immediately!!!