Chicken & Papaya Salad Recipe – Tropical Treat
Chicken & Papaya Salad Recipe Courtesy of The Oualie Beach Resort Hotel – Oualie Bay, Nevis
- 2 chicken breasts, boned and skinless, cooked
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 stalks green onions, white and some green tops chopped
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds (#ad), toasted
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup Wonton chips for salads, or dry Chow-Mein noodles
- 1 ripe papaya, seeded, peeled and cut into slices
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons or less raw cane sugar (#ad)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Poach chicken breasts in water, cool and refrigerate.
- When ready to assemble salad, cut chicken diagonally into slices.
- Assemble the salad by arranging a bed of shredded lettuce on the plates.
- Next sprinkle the green onions, sesame seeds, almonds and Wonton chips on top.
- Arrange the chicken and papaya on top.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jar and shaking until frothy.
- Just before serving pour dressing over the salad. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.