Freshly Made Pineapple Salsa – Nevis Style
Newcastle, St. Kitts – Nevis
Rumour’s Bar and Grill
February 20, 2010
Ingredients for Pineapple Salsa Marinade:
2 Cups freshly diced pineapple
1 Green bell Pepper, diced
1 Red bell Pepper, diced
1 Medium red onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons freshly chopped mint
1/4 Cup lite soy sauce
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Teaspoon fresly chopped flat leave parsley
2 Tablespoons Canola oil
1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, minced
4 (6 ounce) fresh Wahoo steaks
1. For marinade, combine all ingredients except fish into a large bowl and mix thouroughly
2. Pour marinade over fish; turning to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Drain fish and place marinade in sauce pan.
4. Heat marinade to a boil, and then simmer for a few minutes.
5. Grill Wahoo steaks 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked as desired. Serve with pineapple salsa.