Tamarind In Its Natural Form – Pods and Seeds
Tamarind Jelly Recipe
December 14, 2008
1.5 Cups of Tamarind seeds (berries)
1.5 Cups of sugar
6 Cups boiling water
2 Cinnamon Sticks
Zest of one half of a lime
1. Pour boiling water over tamarind and boil for 5 minutes.
2. Cool and strain liquid.
3. For each cup of resulting Tamarind liquid, add 1 cup of sugar.
4. Boil liquid cinnamon sticks, clove, lime zest and sugar until sugar dissolves.
5. Continue to boil at medium heat until jelly is set.
6. Remove clove and cinnamon sticks.
5. Pour in sterilized canning jars and seal immediately.