Meeting To Be Held on February 10, 2010
Basseterre, St. Kitts – Nevis
February 08, 2010 (SKNIS)
The new Ministerial Cabinet of St. Kitts and Nevis, headed by Prime Minster the Honourable Dr. Denzil Douglas, will meet for the first time on Wednesday, an official in the Office of the Prime Minister told SKNIS.
The Ministers were sworn in at a grand ceremony at Warner Park, on Sunday and will reportedly spend the next few days getting acquainted with the staff of the various Ministries.
A number of new portfolios were created including Marine Resources and Constituency Empowerment that were dispersed among the elected representatives of the St. Kitts-Nevis Labour Party (elected for an unprecedented fourth term) and the Nevis Island Administration. The assignments are as follows:
- Honourable Dr. Denzil Llewellyn Douglas ““ Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Sustainable Development and Human Resource Development.
- Honourable Sam Terrence Condor ““ Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, National Security, Labour, Immigration and Social Security.
- Honourable Dr. Timothy Sylvester Harris ““ Minister of International Trade, Industry, Commerce, Agriculture, Marine Resources, Consumer Affairs and Constituency Empowerment.
- Honourable Dr. Earl Asim Martin ““ Minister of Housing, Energy, Public Works, and Utilities.
- Honourable Patrice Nisbett ““ Attorney General and Minister of Justice and Legal Affairs.
- Honourable Marcella Althea Liburd ““ Minister of Health, Social Services, Community Development, Culture and Gender Affairs.
- Honourable Glen Fitzroy Phillip ““ Minister of Youth Empowerment, Sports, Information Technology, Telecommunications and Posts.
- Honourable Nigel Alexis Carty ““ Senator and Minister of Education and Information.
- Honourable Richard Oliver Skerritt ““ Senator and Minister of Tourism and International Transport.
The appointment of AG Nisbett was described by the Prime Minister as a strong gesture towards fostering positive relations between the Federal Government and the Nevis Island Administration as well as the people of the twin-island Federation.