Cherry Bounce Cordial Aged To Perfection
2 cups fresh cherries, washed and dried
1/3 cup granulated sugar
peel of 1 lemon
3 cups Kentucky bourbon (or enough to cover) ((I Like Jim Beam))
1. Place the cherries in a 1 quart glass container, being careful not to crush the fruit.
2. Add the sugar and the lemon peel.
3. Fill the container with the bourbon.
4. Seal the lid and gently shake the jar, or move it around the counter to distribute the alcohol and sugar evenly.
5. The sugar will continue to dissolve over time.
6. Place the cordial in a cool, dark place for 2 months to allow the liquor to be infused with the flavor.
7. Jump start the process by placing the container in the Nevis sun for the first few days (I Wish)