Carrot Punch – A Healthy and Refreshing Drink
Carrot Punch Recipe Ingredients
1 lb Carrots
1 pt Water
1 pt Soy Milk
3 Tb Silken Tofu
1 Ts Rosewater
½ Ts grated Nutmeg
Cane Sugar to taste
Carrot Punch Recipe Method:
1. Peel and grate the carrots.
2. Add the grated carrots to the water.
3. Strain the mixture through a sieve lined with cheesecloth, gathering up the cheesecloth once the liquid has drained through and squeezing to extract all the juice.
4. Repeat this process finally discarding the carrots.
5. Stir the milk, silken tofu, rosewater and nutmeg into the carrot juice.
6. Add cane sugar to taste.
Carrot Punch Health Benefits
Carrots are considered to be one of the most important cultivated vegetable crops in history and the most popular root vegetable worldwide. Whether they are eaten raw, cooked or as carrot juice, people from nearly every culture have consumed carrots — in their many forms — throughout history.
What are the benefits of eating carrots? Many studies have shown that beta-carotene is crucial for improving immunity in the body, protecting skin and eye health, and fighting free radical damage that can cause various forms of chronic diseases, such as cancer and heart disease.
They get their orange color from antioxidants called carotenoids. One of these carotenoids is beta-carotene, a precursor to active vitamin A that is responsible for many of the carrot and carrot juice benefits that we know about today.
They have a wealth of valuable nutrition, and when you juice them you get a concentrated dose of their healing power. Reducing cholesterol and triglycerides, relieving congestion and constipation, and protecting eyesight and skin health are some of the many benefits attributed to drinking carrot juice.
A Better Choice For Freshness
Carrots are definitely a favorite vegetable. Being quite versatile, you can eat them in many ways. On burgers, in salads, roasted and even in your favorite meals like stir-fries and pastas. In celebration of International Carrot Day, we are shedding light on the fact they are actually really, really good for you too! They are actually considered to be the perfect health food – how good is that?!
Here are just some of the health benefits of carrots!
- A weight-loss-friendly food
- Linked to lowering cholesterol levels
- Contains very little fat (0.2g)
- A good source of fiber
- They contain many vitamins and minerals – Vitamin A, Biotin, Vitamin K1, Potassium, and Vitamin B6.