Water Rationing On Nevis Now In Effect
The following is a notice from the Nevis Water Department pertaining to water rationing on the island of Nevis
Nevis Water Department is kindly asking customers on the island to practice water conservation methods (#ad) as we are experiencing water supply problems due to prolonged dry spell.
The below areas will also be affected by the water rationing schedule as of today May 25, 2022. Water will be turned off from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. daily until further notice:
Areas affected include:
- Victoria Road
- Low Ground
- Cherry Garden
- Malcolm Hill
- Prospect Palms Development
- Upper Farms
- Upper Stoney Grove
Persons are also urged to continue exercising all water conservation methods such as using recycled water for lawns, and monitoring domestic water use in your homes (which includes baths, brushing teeth (#ad), washing of dishes, taking showers, washing clothes and the washing of vehicles).
The Nevis Water Department apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause to our citizens and residence in the areas.
Water Conservation Tips
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load.
- Use a low flow shower head and faucet aerators.
- Fix leaks.
- Install a dual flush or low flow toilet or put a conversion kit on your existing toilet.
- Don’t overwater your lawn or water during peak periods, and install rain sensors on irrigation systems.
- Install a rain barrel for outdoor watering.
- Plant a rain garden for catching stormwater runoff from your roof, driveway, and other hard surfaces.
- Monitor your water usage on your water bill and ask your local government about a home water audit.
- Share your knowledge about saving water through conservation and efficiency with your neighbors.