To Be Announced
Fruit Festival – Sample a wide variety of tasty dishes and drinks beautifully prepared from Nevis’ locally grown tropical fruits . For more information please call the Department of Agriculture: at either 869.469.5603 or 869.469.7302
July 25 – August 05, 2008 (Culturama)
Culturama… Nevis’ premier festival is a unique celebration of the most significant milestone in our history – the Emancipation of slaves in the 1830s. It is a 7-Day focus on all aspects of Nevisian Arts and Culture featuring:
- Drama Presentation
- Senior/Junior KAISO Contests
- Miss Culture Queen Pageant
- Talented Youth Pageant
- Cultural Street Fair, Emancipation Day Jump-up
- Horse racing organized by Nevis Turf and Jockey Club at Indian Castle Race Track.
- Grand Cultural Parade and Display on Culturama Tuesday.
- Lead-up activities span the entire month of July including dramatic presentations, Street Dancing, KAISO Tents, Miss Culture Presentation Dance etc. The Cultural Village, featuring food and drink, music and dynamic performances attracts huge crowds nightly until the morning hours for a full 3-week period.
For exact dates call the Culturama secretary on 869.469.1992