Grilled Swordfish With West Indian and Asian Flavors
From the now sadly closed Yamseed Inn
Ingredients For Swordfish:
6, 6 oz. swordfish steaks
4 Tablespoons freshly chopped basil
2 Freshly squeezed lemons, reserve the juice and zest
1 Tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper (#ad) to taste
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice of the lemons while grilling
Kosher or sea salt to taste while grilling
Marinate the swordfish in all the ingredients except the lemon juice for at least 2 hours before grilling. Season the fish while grilling with the lemon juice and salt.
Mango and Red Pepper Salsa
Ingredients For Salsa:
1 Mango, diced
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1 Green onion, minced
¼ Cup freshly chopped cilantro
Zest of two lemons
1 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
1 Teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Combine all the remaining ingredients let marinade for 1 hour…serve over fish.
Six Benefits of Enjoying Seafood.
- Seafood is Filled With Nutrients. If there is one big thing to remember with seafood is that it isn’t just low in the bad stuff, but it is filled with the good stuff. Seafood is packed with nutrients, including, vitamin B, B-complex vitamins (#ad) and vitamin A.
- Seafood Can Boost Your Brain. Let’s be honest, we could all benefit from a little extra brain power. The good news is, the omega-3s in seafood can do just that. They help with brain growth in infants and children, can boost cognitive function in aging women and can help lower the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. That’s pretty powerful stuff.
- Seafood is Good for Your Heart. Heart health is so important for both men and women at all ages. Grilled Swordfish is high in protein and low in saturated fat, not to mention filled with those omega 3s that can really help with heart health and reducing the risk of cardiovascular events.
- Seafood Eases Joint Pain. If you are worried about early aching and stiffness in your joints, start adding seafood to your diet, research has found it can reduce joint stiffness and help ease the symptoms of arthritis.
- Seafood Can Help You Maintain Your Eyesight. It is all about those Omega 3 fatty acids again when it comes to seafood and eyesight as eating seafood regularly can actually help your vision and prevent vision decline. Another fun fact is that fish and shellfish can also boost your night vision.
- Seafood Can Give You Better Skin- Who doesn’t love nourished, moisturized, youthful looking skin? The omega-3 and fatty acids in seafood can help moisturize the skin, reduce acne and protect the skin from UV rays… although if you are spending the afternoon at one of Nevis’ beautiful beaches, we still recommend some sunscreen.