Conch Cakes Recipe – Pemos Restaurant
Ingredients for the Conch Cakes:
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 lightly beaten large egg
- 1 Tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon chopped flat leaf Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon minced Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Habanero Pepper can be substituted)
- 1 lb fresh conch meat
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons of canola oil
Cooking Method for the Conch Cakes:
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into 5-6 good sized portions.
- Heat the canola oil until very hot in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the patties until golden brown and delicious on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with the Remoulade sauce and a wedge or two of fresh lemon or lime.
Spicy Remoulade Sauce – Pemos Restaurant
Ingredients for the Remoulade Sauce:
- ¾ Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ Teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon tarragon vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon minced Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Habanero Pepper can be substituted)
- 2 Teaspoons drained tiny capers, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Scallion very thinly sliced
- Kosher or Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cooking Method for the Remoulade Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour for all of the flavors to meld together.