Two Convicted For Possession Of Illegal Firearms

St. Kitts - Nevis Flag

Federation Working On Reducing Gun Crime

Basseterre, St. Kitts – Nevis
June 24,2009

On June 23rd 2009, Kimbell Williams of Conaree appeared before the Sandy Point Magistrate Court where he was convicted for possession of firearm and possession of ammunition.  He was sentenced to prison for seven years on each charge to run concurrently.  His sentence however, is to run consecutive with the current 2 years sentence he is serving for possession of firearm. 

At approximately 12:30 p.m. on Saturday 15th September 2007 acting on information received, police stopped and search motor car P-4710 in Challengers and found a .32 pistol with eight (8) rounds of ammunition inside of the vehicle. The driver and owner of the vehicle, Glenford Pelle Gumbs Jr. of Cayon Village along with occupant Kimbell Kim Williams of Keys Village were arrested and charged with the offences of Possession of a Firearm and Possession of Ammunition. The charges against Gumbs were dismissed.
Omari Ants Riley of Croddock Road Nevis appeared before the Charlestown Magistrate Court on June 23rd, where he was also convicted for possession of firearm and possession of ammunition.  He was sentenced to prison for six (6) years on each charge to run concurrently.   During routine surveillance at the Charlestown pier on June 18th, police stopped and search Riley, on suspicion of having drugs, arms and ammunition. One .38 revolver and 5 round of ammunition were found in his possession. He was arrested and taken to the Charlestown Police Station where he was formally charged for possession of firearm and for possession of ammunition.

Result of Post Mortem
On June 23rd 2009, a post mortem examination was performed on the body of the late Dwight Mc Call by resident pathologist Dr. Jesus Debrok, who confirmed that death was due to asphyxia (drowning). 

At about 12:00 midday on June 20th 2009, police responded to a report at Mansions Bay. Investigations revealed that Dwight Mc Call 24, of Mansions Village went to the Bay earlier that morning with his brother and sister. Dwight encountered difficulty and disappeared when a large wave consumed him. His sister tried to assist him but was unsuccessful. He was later pulled from the water and was pronounced dead on the scene by the District Medical Doctor

Leave a Comment