Water…..Good To The Last Drop
Basseterre, St. Kitts – Nevis
February 11, 2010
The Water Services Department has advised that St. Kitts and Nevis is among regional territories from Jamaica in the North to Venezuela in the South that are experiencing a dry spell. According to the department, in St. Kitts specifically, this decline in rainfall has reduced the water supply. Consumers are not limited to but are urged to conserve water by using the following methods:
· Avoid using hoses and sprinklers to water lawns and gardens
· Avoid using hoses to wash vehicles and buildings
· In general, monitor use of water and be as conservative as possible
· Check premises for leaks and follow up by having them repaired immediately
· Report suspected leaks in other locations to the Water Services Department at 466-3070 or 466-1467
The general public’s cooperation is greatly appreciated.
1 thought on “St. Kitts – Nevis’ Forces Water Conservation”
So If you can’t even provide water for the properties and hotels that are now in St. Kitts – Nevis…how in the world will the government provide water after literally thousands of new villas and hotels rooms are added in the near future?
Whatever happened to the B.E.A.D project?