To Be Announced:
Fruit Festival – Sample a wide variety of tasty dishes and drinks beautifully prepared from Nevis’ locally grown tropical fruits . For more information please call the Department of Agriculture:
at either 869.469.5603 or 869.469.7302
July 28 – August 08, 2006 (Culturama)
Culturama… Nevis’ premier festival is a unique celebration of the most significant milestone in our history – the Emancipation of slaves in the 1830s. It is a 7-Day focus on all aspects of Nevisian Arts and Culture featuring:
- Drama Presentation
- Senior/Junior KAISO Contests
- Miss Culture Queen Pageant
- Talented Youth Pageant
- Cultural Street Fair, Emancipation Day Jump-up
- Horse racing organized by Nevis Turf and Jockey Club at Indian Castle Race Track.
- Grand Cultural Parade and Display on Culturama Tuesday.
- Lead-up activities span the entire month of July including dramatic presentations, Street Dancing, KAISO Tents, Miss Culture Presentation Dance etc.
- The Cultural Village, featuring food and drink, music and dynamic performances attracts huge crowds nightly until the morning hours for a full 3-week period.
For exact dates call the Culturama secretary on 869.469.1992 or visit this great web site NevisCulturama.net