The Pool At Montpelier Plantation Inn
Basseterre, St. Kitts – Nevis
June 26, 2012 (CUOPM)
Nevis’ Montpelier Plantation Inn has been listed among the top 10 converted hotels in the world. The list was compiled by members and editors of travel website VirtualTourist com.
“Everybody likes a bit of variety and what better way to try out something different on vacation than by staying in an old monastery or a former school that has been reborn as a luxurious hotel,” said the article printed in the Malaysian Insider.
“While the Caribbean has long been known for its luxurious resorts and variety of water activities the history of the area is lost on many of its visitors Fortunately some properties in the region are finding ways to incorporate the history of the area into the guest experience On the island of Nevis a British holding that is often reached by traveling to nearby St Kitts the Montpelier Plantation provides a luxurious retreat on a former 18th-century sugar plantation Though it is no longer producing much sugar it still attracts quite a bit of buzz. Princess Diana and both her sons visited shortly after her separation from Prince Charles in January 1993. According to the article, Montpelier Plantation is listed as #7.
- The Mandarin Oriental, Prague, Czech Republic
- The Liberty Hotel, Boston, Massachusetts
- La Purificadora, Puebla, Mexico
- Wanderlust Hotel, Singapore
- Hotel Hospes Palacio del Ballio
- Four Seasons Hotel at Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey
- The Montpelier Plantation Inn, Nevis, West Indies
- Hotel del Casco, San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Quinta Real Zacatecas, Zacatecas, Mexico
- The Conservatorium Hotel, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.