Four Seasons Resort Closed Due To Hurricane Omar
Basseterre, St. Kitts – Nevis
August 26, 2009 (CUOPM)
The reopening date for the Four Seasons Resort Nevis has changed for the fourth time.
According to Gayle Nagle Myers, the new date now is Feb. 5, 2010 pushed back from Nov. 1, 2009 due to construction delays, damage assessments and a change in ownership.
The 196-room resort has been closed since last October due to extensive damage caused by Hurricane Omar.
“Construction did not begin until June, but now we have two shifts working seven days a week,” the resort’s Director of Marketing, Vo Tomulich is quoted in Travel Weekly, the National Newspaper of the Travel Industry in its online edition of August 25.
Most of the work will be completed by December, but the resort is allowing for “extra time to get the staff back on board and give us a cushion in case of weather delays,” he said.
Last week, tropical storms Ana and Claudette as well as Hurricane Bill had no impact except rain.
Reservation lines will open this fall, Tomulich said. “Right now, if someone calls wanting to book, we take their names, quote them the rates but advise them not to book air until our reservations officially open.”
The lead rate for a moutainview room in February is US$595 per room, per night, double. The same room in the off season will start at US$295.
“These rates are not much different than our 2008 rates at the same time of year. Our lead rate dropped a bit, and the off-season rate is about the same,” Tomulich said.
The Nevis resort will offer a number of packages in 2010, including a grand reopening package. The resort’s website will post additional information on rates and packages as it becomes available.