“….I believe the release was malicious.”
Basseterre, St. Kitts – Nevis
November 12, 2009 (CUOPM)
The St. Kitts Christian Council is distancing itself from the joint statement issued from the offices of the St. Kitts and Nevis Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
Chairman of the St. Kitts Christian Council, Rev. Fr. Isaiah Phillip said the statement is premature and he is “flabbergasted and annoyed” that such a thing had taken place.
“I would venture to go as far as to say that the release of it was malicious”¦When I look at all the facts, I believe the release was malicious,” Fr. Isaiah in a front page story in Sun St. Kitts/Nevis on Thursday.
Fr. Isaiah Phillip said that the three organisations named in the press release had arrived at no agreement on any statement.
“I can confirm that our three organisations are always in discussions on matters of national interest and importance, and we have been discussing issues to do with electoral reform and boundaries. We have not agreed on any statement. There are draft statements that were prepared, but we have not agreed on anything,” said the St. Kitts Christian Council Chairman.
Rev. Phillip said he was informed via e-mail that a draft that had been prepared for discussion was released to someone.
“I don’t know the details of it. I have heard that it was read, but I want to reiterate that we have no agreement and no statement to release,” he added.
Fr. Phillip said he wanted “to reiterate that we have no agreement and no statement to release.”
The statement issued on Tuesday from offices of the Chamber said the private sector body along the St. Kitts Christian Council and the St. Kitts Evangelical, Association were calling on the government not to act upon any recommendations from the Constituency Boundaries commission.