Ghaut Bucs’ – Jermain Benjamin
Photo Courtesy of SKABA
Basseterre, St. Kitts – Nevis
St. Kitts Amateur Basketball Association
August 20, 2012
The defending Champions Ghaut Bucs showed last evening at Basketball City that they have absolutely no intentions of letting anyone , including Exodus who defeated them twice for the regular season, deprive them of raising the SKABA championship trophy for a 2nd straight year.
Ghaut Bucs jumped all over Exodus and led from the first whistle until the very last despite being without their Big Man Dwight “MACK 11″ Jacobs. Exodus seem to have no answer for the Ghuat Bucs who played unlike the regular season where they struggled to make the playoffs. Center Brian “Corny” Morris played like a man possessed hitting inside jump shot after jump shot and dominating the paint with overpowering moves and huge rebounds. He simply dominated the Exodus front-court of Delvin “Ziah” Marshall and Sheno Liddie. Exodus’ veteran big man Shawn “Shabba” Forbes played as well as he could and was his usual self but was seemingly not enough for Morris who seemed like he was on a mission to single handily take the Bucs to an unlikely victory. Jermaine “Benjie” Benjamin also had an exceptional game for Ghaut Bucs as he as well was, at least on Sunday night, too much for the usually string defense of Exodus’ Ansel “Bonzi” Revan and Javal “Princey” Hodge.
The dynamic duo of brothers Taslyn Belbod and Javal Hodge were non factors in the game except for the dying moments when Taslyn played his heart out to try and salvage the game for Exodus.
At halftime Ghaut Bucs led 44-33 and by the end of the game Ghaut Bucs remained on top with a very impressive 86-78 victory to take game 1 of the finals four series.
Game 2 will be played on Thursday at Basketball City at 6:30pm.
Exodus’ Top scorers Were:
- Shawn Forbes: 28 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, 10 of 12 free throws made
- Taslin Hodge: 23 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 5 of 9 free throws made
- Delvin Marshall: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 1 of 2 free throws made
Ghaut Bucs’ Top Scorers Were:
- Brain Morris: 22 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assists,3 steals, 3 of 6 free throws made
- Jermaine Benjamin: 19 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 4 of 9 free throws made
- Tambora Caines: 18 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assist, 2 steals, 1 block, 4 of 10 free throw made