A Caribbean Christmas Traditional Recipe
December 21, 2008
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1.Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease and line a 8″ x 4″ loaf pan.
2. Lightly whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a separate, large bowl. Add sugar and coconut and stir until just combined. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and gradually stir in the egg mixture until just combined.
3. Add melted butter and stir until mixture is just smooth (do not over-mix).
4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to cool, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Serve in thick slices, and PIG out!